Monday, August 3, 2009

More of Les

8/02

It was only a matter of time. I went to NJ. I was at Mia's and there lived a house full of people. Her mother, random children. There was a payphone in the house. A payphone on which I was conversing with Les. Yet I had been speaking to him during the drive from VA to NJ only I couldn't recall the drive at all or how I even called him. I had no number for him. I asked him how. How it was that we were speaking. Did I call him? Did he call me? How did we connect? Yet I never did get an answer. There I was on the payphone, in the middle of Mia's home she shared with what must have been every breathing family member she has. I told him how imperative it was for us to be ok. For there to be no hard feelings, to have a friendly report. He insisted yes, it was also important to him. But also important for there to be so much more. He walked out of the station, which was apparently attached to Mia's house as well. He passed me as I was still speaking to him on the payphone and smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment